Lea toda nuestra página web en español. Haga un clic aquí.
Comments from Students and Leaders
Comment from a Student
“This has been the best form of study I’ve ever done. It has challenged me and helped me grow as a follower and as a leader.”
Mission, Values and Principles
INSTE exists to make disciples and develop leaders for the fulfillment of the Great Commission through excellent and affordable distance education.
Our Values and Principles
As an organization, we are committed to the importance of the following values and principles that provide the framework within which we pursue the fulfillment of our mission and vision.
- ● We are committed to making quality education available in Spanish, English, and Chinese. Nothing will be produced in INSTE in just one language.
- ● We commit ourselves to finding ways to incorporate INSTE into other language and cultural groups in the United States.
Accessible and Affordable
- ● We believe that discipleship and leadership formation should be available at a cost-effective price.
- ● As an organization, we invest in people not property. We will acquire property and possessions only to the extent that it helps us realize our mission and vision.
Small Group Learning
- ● Relationship is the key to growth in beliefs, behaviors and attitudes.
- ● Therefore, we assert the value of learning in small groups as the cornerstone of our didactic system.
- ● Ministry through giftedness is the function of the whole church.
- ● Every believer has been given a gift by the Holy Spirit that is to be developed and used in evangelism of the world and edification of the Body of Christ.
- ● Selection for leadership training is determined by giftedness and spiritual maturity, not only by previous academic achievement.
- ● We believe in developing people according to their giftedness and God-given ministry.
Knowing, Doing and Being
- ● Effective education combines theoretical input with real-life practical experience.
- ● Training for ministry and leadership must include academic, spiritual, skill and value formation.
- ● Learning takes place in the context of life, not just in a place called school.
- ● Being active in a local community of believers is the best laboratory for learning discipleship, ministry and leadership.
- ● How we teach is as important as what we teach.
- ● Small group-based, participatory learning teaches life-long learning as a minstry value.
- ● Learning from mentors is a critical skill for ministry and leadership.
- ● Knowledge acquisition occurs through daily study using interactive media.
- ● The methodology we use is based on biblical values such as relationships in the Body of Christ, the discipline of daily study and prayer, effective witness to one's personal world, and gift-based ministry.
- ● The foundation of all we do is the Great Commission.
- ● We are committed to working with any church or denomination that shares our evangelical faith.